bubblegum octopus/crochetcatpause/watabou mini tour re-cap
just returned from an awesome week of doing shows with bubblegum octopus, watabou, and a ton of our buddies. i’ve learned a lot this week so i’m gonna break it down to this fact sheet:
1. snoop lion is literally no longer a person. snoop lion is essentially the god of life, light and spirit. from the sky he watches over us at night making sure everything is jah.
2. i am the loch ness monster and t
he sheriff of mental spaghetti
3. playing a live show on the radio is a challenge when you cuss so much you forget that bad words even exist. but it can be achieved and it’s very very fun. thank you brian for letting crochetcatpause and bubblegum octopus jam it out on ann arbors air waves!
4. the dream team
5. that feeling when i realized our lives are literally performance art.
6. travis is actually a very beautiful woman.
7. seeing a fish on the ground, and throwing him back into lake michigan so he can achieve liberation under the eyes of snoop lion, but then realizing the fish was dead and i was literally just throwing some old dudes fishing bait into the water as he stared at me with nothing but disapproval in his eyes.
8. becoming delirious/unattached from reality is a really good way to start a show in the middle of the woods at 3AM.
7. bubblegum octopus is literally one of my favorite acts to share the stage with, and i really hope more cool shows are lined up with the bravery boys in the future.
8. DJ swiss came from switerzland to play mental spaghetti only to not understand how to set his gear up, and then giving up after 10 minutes. DJ swiss had the best set i’ve ever seen.
9. dental work at 2am friday feeling panda feels with a bunch of other people, leading to seeing a performance artist by the name of red eye rita who blew my mind.
10. a young mans face when eric stephenson hit the beach in a stunning long skirt, only to feel the power of snoop lion embrace his soul by directing running into freezing cold temperatures. leading to a zion revolution. the kid was still unimpressed.
11. caleb memorial light house/spider dungeon
12. LCM bravery boys
13. almost dying but being saved by snoop lion.
14. the REDSK crew keeping our nutrient levels on the up and up! and being such great dudes thanks!
15. i am the loch ness monster i am the sheriff of mental spaghetti.
16. stand up comedy is better when you do it while delusional.
17. i love my best friends because they are literally trash fucked wumpfkins
18. we don’t play no pillow games.
a lot of this is cryptic and only makes sense to the ziontastic dream team. but thats the brave way to handle this shit. mad ups to the whole crew who lived and died with us over the past few days!
also fuckin’ jam dog
next year crochetcatpause and Bubblegum Octopus will be touring together. we will not be playing music. we will be showcasing the movie “look who’s talking” on multiple projection screens while we physically destroy/level/set a blaze every town we end up in. sorry about your city/house/apartment in advance. nothing personal. just babies being babies.
FINAL TOUR JOURNAL
sorry its taking me so long. not being on tour with my best friends
we left cinci in the morning and said goodbye to our new buddy craig. we stopped in some shit town near dayton, ohio to fuel up for the 5 hours drive to pittsburgh, and i developed a spiderman like sense that there was dumpster diving gold somewhere in the area, so while the boys were in the gas station emptying their bowels i went on a mission. right next to the gas station was a bakery so i headed straight to the dumpster and hit the jack pot! dozens of big bags FILLED with delicious bagels. i’m talking PREMIUM bagels, french onion, pumpernickel, and many more tastes. ruckus put his penis in a bagel, but then got a boner. so we were cruising around some shitty highway in ohio while chris ruckus erect cock was basically fucking a bagel. then he was playing ring toss with his penis. i almost crashed the van a few times because of this fascinating display. we saw a man almost die it was ok. many traffic jams resulted in some of the funniest conversations i’ve ever been involved in that yall will never hear about, all i can say is i’m glad crochetcatpause is a band made up of best friends and not just some dudes. being in a van with these guys is all i want to do with my life. we got to pittsburgh right when the show was to start so everything was delayed a bit, but ruckus became a super genius once he saw a ton of kids smoking the devil’s lettuce outside. he grabbed the bagels and started selling them $1 a pop! we made like 30 bucks off dumpstered bagels! amazing! the show was incredible. 50 kids slammed into a very small basement going fucking crazy! some girl tried to leave to go pee but i grabbed her by her backpack and tossed her back in the pit. this was probably one of the best shows just based on how crazy the crowd got! non stop dance party! after our set we got to hang out with a lot of our pittsburgh friends so it was awesome to reconnect with them. we met some cats we talked to on this tumblr web page so i was stoked to finally meet them. mustache required fucking KILLLLED IT after us! they were filming a music video that i’m sure will be awesome! i like them dudes a lot so yall should check out their music! it was a sweaty mess! awesome! after the show it was all good hang outs, ruckus’s sister, chris, and travis filled up the bath tub with hot water so we turned the bathroom into the ultimate hot tub party. the only bummer was that ruckus was leaving us to return to his home in pittsburgh, we had a very drunk sad goodbye. i miss him very badly. also some girl got really upset when we brought our stuff in to go to sleep in the living room. she told us “UGH CANT U GUYS JUST SLEEP IN YOUR VAN” we were like “………..no.” she didn’t even live there! wtf! then she watched the mighty boosh with the volume cranked, singing to every song and scream laughing to every shitty joke that show had to offer until 7 in the fucking morning. she was literally the worst. i woke up early and took a really nice stroll around bloomfield. then i woke up the crew, we packed up, had a long goodbye to our buddy dru from mustache required and his girl friend and then we hit the road. BY HIT THE ROAD I MEAN WE PICKED RUCKUS UP FROM HIS JOB AND THEN WE ATE ULTIMATE WINGS WITH ULTIMATE SAUCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then the long sad journey back to detroit.
this tour was my favorite moment of being alive so far, and i can’t wait to hit the road again with my BEST BUDDDDDDDDDDDDIES.
thanks for reading.
WE’RE HITTING THE ROAD FOR OUR FIRST REAL TOUR TO SUPPORT OUR NEW RECORD COOL TEETH!
THEN AFTER WE WILL BEGIN RECORDING OUR SECOND FULL LENGTH RECORD WHICH WILL BE AVAILABLE ON PLACENTA RECORDINGS AT THE END OF THE YEAR MAYBE.
COME SEE US.
WE’LL TALK BATTERY LIFE CYCLES AND DELICIOUS UNATTAINABLE SNACKS.
ALL CAPS CAUSE I’M LITERALLY YELLING AT YOU.
tour tour tour
morgantown show confirmed!!!!!!!!!july 7th!!!!!!!!!house show! super stoked i want to see all our morgantown buddies! we still need help booking the following shows! let us know if you can help!
july 6th: somewhere in ohio/pa/wv
july 8th: baltimore, md
july 9th: philadelphia pa july 10th: pittsburgh, pa
july 11th: somewhere in oh/pa/mi
if you can help us book these shows we will kiss you/shower you in beanie babies! THANKS FOR STOPPING BY.